It is still a taboo subject to talk about for many people but it turns out that the toilet has an interesting history. From the outhouse or toilet being called the House of Honor by the ancient Israelites to the fact that a car steering wheel actually carries more than twice the germs as a toilet seat, there are plenty of little-known facts about the toilet that may dispel the myths many people have about the necessary plumbing fixture. Take a look at 5 facts Rescue Rooter found:
- The average person visits the toilet 2500 times a year which is about 6-8 times a day. A person will spend about 3 years of his/her life on the toilet.
- Poor toilet condition is a worldwide problem. More than half of the world population have no proper sanitation.
- There are toilet associations worldwide promoting toilet education and culture.
- Most toilets flush in the key of E flat.
- Deriving in 1828, the original meaning of toilet, or toilette, is of French origin meaning the “act of washing, dressing, and preparing oneself”.