Many home plumbing issues can be avoided if homeowners knew how to cut back on their household water usage. Not only would this help cut your monthly water bill down, but this also helps conserve water in your community and ultimately the world. Here are a few great home water conservation tips that Rescue Rooter found on wateruseitwisely.com:
1. Only operate your clothes washer and dishwasher when they are full. This can save up to 1,000 gallons a month.
2. If washing dishes by hand, fill one sink bowl with wash water and the other with rinse water.
3. There are refrigerators, air conditioners and ice-makers that are cooled with wasted flows of water. Consider upgrading with air-cooled appliances for significant water savings.
4. Try to use your garbage disposal sparingly. Instead, consider composting your vegetable food waste to save a few gallons of water.
5. Make sure to monitor your water bill for unusually high use. Your bill and water meter are tools that can help you discover leaks.