Rescue Rooter knows how difficult it can be selecting the right plumbing specialist. Many homeowners don’t understand the basics about their plumbing systems. However, by noticing a few simple things like the brand of your plumbing fixtures and your hot water heater’s capacity, you can help inform your the plumbing contractor you choose before they get on site.
Take a look at a few tips to consider when thinking about who to hire:
- Make sure that contractors are properly licensed, certified, and insured per your local requirements.
- Ask if they provide a written estimate for you to sign before any work is done. Be sure that estimates include all necessary plumbing parts and labor.
- Find out how long the company has been in business, and check out their reputation. They should be able to provide recent references.
- Determine whether the company is locally owned or has the backing and resources of a nationally known and respected brand name.
- Although price should not be the only consideration when choosing a plumbing specialist, it is important to know how they charge for their services.